Vote for Winning the Web, Get a FREE Tshirt and Win $100
January 9, 2008 - Written by Gyutae Park
After my extremely successful contest giving away a free John Chow review, I am releasing yet another contest. This time it’s a little friendly competition with fellow blogger Tyler Cruz. If you remember, I conducted an interview with Tyler a couple months back – but it’s all-out war now. I may have much less in terms of RSS subscriptions, traffic, and overall reach but I sure do know what I am capable of in terms of Internet marketing. Good luck to ya, Tyler!
For tips on how to use contests to jump start your own blog, read my post on how to create a crazy contest that will explode your site.
The Contest – Vote for Winning the Web over TylerCruz.com
Basically, the premise of the contest is to either vote for Winning the Web or TylerCruz.com. This is done by writing a post on your blog as to why Winning the Web (or Tyler) deserves to win the contest. The blog with the most votes after the set time frame is the winner. The loser will have to pay $100 cash prizes to 3 lucky contest participants who voted for the winning blog. If you want a chance at winning $100, be sure to vote for Winning the Web.
The Prizes – $300
The loser will pay $100 to 3 lucky contest participants who voted for the winning blog. Payouts are through PayPal.
How to enter for a chance to win $100
- Write a post on your blog about the contest and why you think either Winning the Web or Tyler should win. Whoever you pick will be your vote. You will only be eligible for a cash prize if you vote for the winning blog so pick wisely.
- In your entry post, be sure to clearly state who you are voting for and why. Also, mention this contest for which you are voting for and link to both TylerCruz.com and WinningtheWeb.com.
- After you have finished your entry post, leave a comment with the post’s URL on either this post or on Tyler’s depending on who you are voting for.
You have until Monday, January 14th, 9 pm ET to make your vote so act now!
Rules and Guidelines
- Your votes should have at least 300 words. C’mon, I know you have a lot of good things to say about Winning the Web so this shouldn’t be hard.
- Link to the site you are voting for and link to both WinningtheWeb.com and TylerCruz.com when describing the contest.
- You can only vote once. It’s either Winning the Web or Tyler.
- You can only win once. Your name can’t be drawn twice for the $100 cash prizes.
Other than that, feel free to have fun with this and write whatever you think is most appropriate. Let’s win this!
Why you should vote for Winning the Web
Take a look at the title of this blog. What do you see? Winning the Web. If you want to win a $100 cash prize, it’s essential that you side with the winner. Don’t let Tyler’s higher stats fool you. He may have an advantage in numbers but I have the strategies that will put Tyler down. I respect Tyler and the hard work he has put into his blog. But through this contest I will prove to everyone that it’s not always about how long you’ve been around or what your stats are. Even the smaller players can be successful by working smarter and implementing clever marketing tactics. If you believe in my abilities, I urge you to vote for me.
As an added incentive, I will give away free Winning the Web T shirts to the first
30 50 people who vote for Winning the Web. Just be one of the first 30 50 who vote for Winning the Web in this contest and I’ll send you a T shirt absolutely free. Now you’ll be able to win that cash in style. This is a great example of using the Tshirt as a winning guerilla marketing tactic.
Update (as of Jan 13)
Only 1 more day for this contest and things are heating up a bit. Thanks for the support, guys! The score is now tentatively WTW-38, Tyler-20. This still looks to be a landslide victory for Winning the Web. If you want a sure shot at winning $100 cash, be sure to vote for Winning the Web before Jan 14 when the contest concludes.
Also, due to high demand, I have upped the t-shirt prize to the first 50 voters (rather than 30). Everyone who votes for Winning the Web gets a free shirt whether I win or not.
Finally, I’ll just go ahead and match Tyler’s incentives by giving away 100 Entrecard credits to the next 10 WTW voters. And of course I will link out to all of my voters once the competition is over. That’s without question. Cheers!If you like this post, subscribe to the RSS feed. Get the latest updates delivered straight to your email or news reader.